Wednesday, July 10, 2013

DIY PALLET ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

It was about Christmas time and I wanted to make something special for my wife whom I had just married.  I wanted it to be a surprise, so once again I was pressed for time.  It was supposed to be for the bedroom to put things on ( I noticed it was getting a little cluttered on the cardboard boxes we were using...).  I measured the height to the mirror and the width under the mirror to get just the right dimensions.  I had started to get my pallets from a solar panel company that always had free pallets in the back of their shop.  These pallets were clean and not falling apart. Also, a nice long one would show up on the pile every once in a while.  This pallet didn't have nails for 5 feet, which is amazing for someone who likes to put together pallet creations.  I made it first without the middle support, but after consulting my mom who was around at the time ( I do all my pallet projects at their home since they actually have a yard) I decided to support the middle a little more.  This was good because the moment my wife saw it she said, "Entertainment center!" So... instead of a bedroom item it became an entertainment center and the center piece was essential to hold up the television.  It worked out nicely, except I think if I do it again, I will make provisions to hide all those cables.


No comments:

Post a Comment